he Weekday Tamara Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training is held at Tamara Yoga in Claremont, Perth. This option runs over two years and includes Teacher Training lectures on fortnightly Wednesday afternoons and Saturday workshops held during school terms.
We support you to take the actions needed to gain the skills and confidence needed to teach Yoga. We teach you the techniques that mean you will get to where you really want to be. You’ll receive individual attention, as each training group is carefully chosen and spaces are limited to maximise learning. If you’re accepted, you’ll gain knowledge of precisely how to teach. Plus you’ll absorb the multitude of benefits of Yoga.
To integrate the teachings so that you understand them deeply and can communicate with true knowledge, attendance at three Tamara Yoga classes per week is also required. The three yoga classes can be any of the daily Tamara Yoga classes in Perth at our Claremont and Bibra Lake studios and/or at Tamara Yoga Retreats in Bali, India and Margaret River. You will also have the opportunity to observe and assist in class.
Tamara Yoga has a reputation for excellence and is known for its dependably high standard of teachers – all of whom have completed the 2-year TYTT. The extensive two-year program allows time to integrate and process at the deepest level.
Successful graduates of the 2-year Tamara Yoga Teacher Training programme are eligible to immediately register at Level 1 [350 hours] with Yoga Australia. Tamara Yoga has years of experience producing inspiring and highly professional yoga teachers. Successful graduates of this Teacher Training will be the twenty-fourth group of certified Tamara Yoga Teachers.
Diversity and community
Each of our students decides to apply and enrol in Teacher Training for a unique reason. We so value this wonderful diversity. This is part of what makes Tamara Yoga Teacher Training different. Not only do we offer one of the most comprehensive training curriculums in Australia, we draw from a large community of beautiful souls, which gives you the opportunity to make new friends for life.
Our comprehensive curriculum
– Yoga philosophy: gain understanding of the profound philosophy of Yoga and how you can apply it every day.
– Yoga Sutra of Patanjali: discover how to incorporate this ancient wisdom into your life and how to weave it into your classes.
– Developing your own practice: take your practice to another level, learn safe form for yourself, and deepen your experience of yoga.
– Asana: learn detailed specific asana alignment, contraindications and benefits.
– Ethics: truly embody yoga by living its teachings.
– Voice: learn about voice tone, rhythm and clear communication techniques.
– Non-violent communication: discover how to communicate with loving kindness and truth with yourself and others.
– Teaching methodology: learn the skills and strategies that we’ve proven work to be an effective yoga teacher.
– Teaching skills: discover how to create optimal states for learning and how to communicate clearly and powerfully.
– Vinyasa sequencing: discover how to pace and sequence engaging classes that help students experience skill in action and increase mindfulness.
– Pranayama: breath is considered the bridge between the body and the mind. Learn more about this key to unlocking your potential.
– Inner cleansing: how to practice and teach purifying, healing kriya breathing techniques.
– Yogic Physiology: you’ll be guided through the subtle and esoteric teachings of yoga.
– Chakras: discover how to balance the subtle energy centres that govern relationships, creativity, personal power, magnetism, emotions, intuition and the ability to access your highest self.
– Mantra: you’ll delve into the mystic formulas that draw you deeply into meditation and assist with profound transformation.
– Meditation: you’ll learn about the gateway to inspiration, intuition, insight, well-being and regeneration for yourself and your students.
– Presentation Skills: how to captivate the attention of your students.
– Learning styles: how to teach accounting for each student’s uniqueness, so every student learns from you. Become adept at communicating in a way that students feel the class has been individualised for them.
– Anatomy and Physiology: learn about the anatomy of movement, the nervous system, the physiology of the respiratory system, the circulatory system and the lymphatic system.
– Mudras, Bandhas and Drishti: gain knowledge of the energetic circuits, keys and locks in your body.
– Tantra: enrich your awareness through study, contemplation and practice of the Vienna Bhairava Tantra.
– The Radiance Sutras: the yoga of delight, wonder and astonishment.
– Yoga for pregnancy: you’ll understand the anatomical and physiological changes that occur during pregnancy, how to teach pregnant women, and enable them to feel strong and supported during this miraculous time.
– Teaching yoga to children and teens: learn about their specific needs and abilities and how to teach enchanting classes children and teens will love.
– Teaching yoga to seniors: You’ll be educated in research that supports the benefits of yoga practice for the elderly, including specific asana, contraindications and teaching tips.
– Yoga therapy: learn about therapeutic application of yoga for students with injuries and illness.
– Restorative Yoga: understand how to teach rejuvenating, restorative postures that will calm and soothe your students. Learn how to position bolsters and blankets to provide softness and support enabling students to release tension and relax deeply.
– Yin Yoga: learn how to enhance the natural range of motion, releasing into the connective tissue to enhance the flow of prana in the tissues around the joints.
– ISHTA: how to tailor lessons to meet individual needs so the class experience is safe, therapeutic, nurturing and liberating.
– Ayurveda: the ancient, holistic Indian medicine of healing.
– Practicum: practice teaching opportunities with constructive feedback.
– Demonstration: principles of asana demonstration, learn how, why and when to demonstrate postures to inspire and educate your students.
– How to create a ‘yoga space’: help your students feel transported from the mundane to an extraordinary experience of yoga.
– Adjustments: how to adjust students via hands on assists.
– Multi-skilled: become accomplished at incorporating the many different aspects of yoga into a seamless practice that you enjoy and students love.
– Develop confidence and the knowledge: to teach Beginners, All Levels and Advanced Vinyasa classes.
– Opportunities provided to observe and assist: sit in on classes so you gain valuable experience enabling you to be ready to teach when you graduate.
– And so much more!
On-line Training Manual
You’ll have access to our comprehensive Tamara Yoga Teacher Training on-line manual which means no matter where you travel you’ll have access to a huge resource. Like carrying around several wise texts, except without the weight.
“The manual was my lifeline and it is such a privilege I have access to that wealth of information after I graduate.” – Sarah Mitchell, TYTT graduate.
What can I expect?
Weekday Teacher Training lectures begin at 12.15pm and conclude at 2.45pm roughly every other week on Wednesdays, (may be subject to change due to school holidays or TY events). Saturday Workshops and Teachers Only Asana (which also take place on Saturdays) are scheduled ahead of time so that you know where you need to be when.
This schedule allows you to take your time to absorb the wisdom of yoga, alongside deepening your practice. You’ll delve deep into the tradition of authentic Yoga, discovering the art of embodying Yoga while learning the methods that work to make you a captivating communicator.
The Tamara Yoga approach is based on the awareness that within each of us is a deep well of contentment, strength and joy. Yoga is the tool that helps us recover our natural peacefulness and to know the true brilliance of your own soul. We want to inspire you to realise your potential with Yoga. Our internationally recognised Tamara Yoga Teacher Training is known for outstanding results in reliably producing the highest quality teachers who have enjoyed every step of their training and are ready to share their knowledge with others.
Studying in our welcoming studio environment provides you with the support of being surrounded by our wonderful community. Our Weekday Teacher Trainees are like extended TY family!
Other training options for you
If you’re looking to expand your practice and learn more about Yoga, you could enrol in the Weekday Teacher Training simply for the purpose of deepening your knowledge of yoga. You’ll learn how to devise your own home practice, specifically for your own needs, so no matter where you are, your Yoga is with you.
If you need to upgrade
If you have previously completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training elsewhere, and need further training to register as a Registered Level 1 Yoga Teacher, subject to application, you may be eligible to enrol with us to upgrade your qualification by successfully completing more training with us.
How to apply
Acceptance into our program is via application and class numbers are strictly limited. Please email email@example.com for an application form and further information.
Once accepted, a $250 deposit secures your place. The balance of $2,775 for the first year is then due two weeks before the start of your Yoga Teacher Training in January 2019.
The 2nd year fee of $2,640 is due January, 2020. Payment plans are available. These fees are for Teacher Training Lectures and workshops, and doesn’t include Yoga classes.
To give you a student’s perspective, here’s some feedback from previous trainees:
“I began my teacher training after procrastinating about it for years – thinking I wouldn’t be good enough, it would be too hard, too intimidating. After the first session I realized that I was right where I needed to be; surrounded by inspiring teachers, Tamara and the most beautiful trainees who have become dear friends. I started the course with the intention of learning more about yoga and deepening my practice – I had no desire to teach – I didn’t think I would be good enough or brave enough. I was so surprised to discover after only a few months that I was in fact learning not only about yoga but about myself, my connection to others and about facing my fears. The beautiful teachings of yoga philosophy have deeply influenced me and I hope are making me a better mother, wife and friend. The practical teachings of alignment, anatomy and pranayama have helped to indeed deepen and enhance my love of yoga practice. To be fully immersed in such a beautiful course has been such a gift to me and I can’t recommend it highly enough. I am now so grateful to be teaching children and adults and it is such a joy to be able to share this gift.” – Mel W
“I felt so nervous, vulnerable and full of self-doubt sitting on the mat in our TT introduction; I did not see myself as a yogi, and I was not sure if my love for Tamara Yoga was enough of a prerequisite. As it turns out a year into the two year course I know it is. Today I stand as a yogi, strong and steady in mountain pose and have never felt more determined to finish what I started. I have moved through learning blocks that I never thought possible. In TT I have stepped into a community of likeminded friends. I breathe, I open my heart and I am back in my body, TT has been a truly transformative experience.” – Rebecca J
“My Tamara Yoga Teacher Experience has been transformational. It has truly deepened my own yoga practice and I feel like I am closer to my true self. The connection with the other trainees has been so beautiful, we are all from different backgrounds, of different ages and experiences, but we come together in our love of yoga. Deep friendships have blossomed from this base.
As a Mother of three young boys I feel amazed looking back on the first year of training of all that I have achieved. From the presentations to our anatomy exam, the things that have seemed so terrifying and insurmountable have become my greatest accomplishments. This has given me confidence in going forward, that I truly can do anything I set my mind, heart and soul towards.
After a year of yoga training, studying the philosophy and committing to my own practice, I felt I would have a great understanding of yoga, but after each learning I feel that excited thrill of a beginner. The knowledge we have been given is a drop in the ocean to all there is to know and that is fascinating to me. This path will never get boring.
The Tamara Yoga classes and the teachers that teach there have a little bit of magic sprinkled into them. When I leave class I feel like a different person to who I was going in. I am calmer, at peace and blissed out. I am truly grateful for this space to come to change my state of being whenever I need it.
Tamara is one of life’s true blessings. She was 100% correct when she realised that her Dharma was to teach yoga and spread the gift of it to others. By training us, her gift extends further, and I am so proud to be one of her students.
My goal when I started this was to be trained to spread my love of yoga to others and Tamara Yoga Teacher Training is exactly the right place for me to do this. The Universe has truly put me in the place where I need to be.
If you are considering Teacher Training with Tamara don’t let your fears stand in your way of your true path. We are all terrified, but our beautiful teacher training group and Tamara support us each step of the way.”
__ Nicola Garcia
“Today after 2 amazing years of Teacher Training with Tamara Graham I come to my final exam. This has been one of the most life changing experiences I’ve had to date, this journey has been about me, for me. I feel it has made me get to know my true self and has given me the tools to look at life with new eyes. It has been stressful, frustrating and daunting at times but above all so amazingly rewarding. I have met the most beautiful people along the way who will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you everyone who has done TT18 with me, the support and friendship you have given is beyond words. Thank you Tamara for your wisdom, joy and ability to share your unending knowledge of Yoga and life. Hari Om Om Tat Sat.” _Leah
To assist you with teacher training and once you’re teaching, you will have access to the comprehensive Tamara Yoga Teacher Training on-line manual. “The manual was my lifeline and it is such a privilege I have access to that wealth of information after I graduate.” ___Sarah Mitchell, TYTT graduate.