Deepen your understanding and practice of yoga, 6 week course $120 Would you like to expand your yoga knowledge and deepen your practice?
Do you enjoy your yoga practice, but want to deepen your understanding of yoga’s ethical principles, enrich your life, and gain greater self-awareness? Do you find yourself asking the following questions:
• How do I maintain your inner balance and develop spiritually while engaging with the world on a daily basis?
• What is my life’s purpose?
• What will bring me lasting happiness?
This six-week yoga philosophy course is for you. “I was surprised to find how these yogic principles can be so easily adapted to modern society.” Beverly Sines “The yoga philosophy course I believe is designed to help us stay on our path to being the ‘people that we want to be’. It gives me space with like-minded people to explore ways that I hope to be in the world.” Jane D’Arcy Topic areas include:
• Ancient wisdom for modern times: the origins of yoga
• The four paths of yoga: bhakti, raja, gyana and karma yoga
• Self realisation and the eight limbs of raja yoga
• Leading a spiritual life: following yoga’s yamas and niyamas (ethical principles) in daily life
• Success and inner harmony: the importance of self-discipline and reflection
• The classic yoga texts, including Patanjali’s yoga sutras and the Bhagavad Gita What to expect each week
The course runs for six weeks. Each week we focus on a different yogic principle, discussing practical tools and techniques that will help you find fulfilment in your daily life, as you continue your soul’s quest for knowledge.
At the end of each session, you will be given a quote to help you focus on the principle throughout the week, as well as a set reading, and questions to consider. At the beginning of the next week’s session, you will have an opportunity to share what you have learned during the week, and hear any insights others have had.
So you are not just reading and listening, but actively engaging with yoga philosophy: a powerful and transformative learning experience. You will also receive sustenance in the form of tea and biscuits! Why yoga philosophy?
Yoga is more than a physical practice. To truly practice yoga in your daily life, an understanding of yoga philosophy and its ancient principles is essential. Meaning ‘to join’ or ‘to unite’, yoga can help you gain a better understanding of yourself, overcome your problems, and develop the capacity to cope with everyday demands and worries. Integrating the principles of yoga philosophy into your daily life can help you make better decisions, find inner peace and help guide you on your path to self-realisation.
6 week course $120