Awaken that part of you that cannot be shaken from peace and tranquility - this is the essence of Dru Yoga
The purpose of this course is to give you a potent daily yoga practice that empowers you every day to live your fullest; to stand strong in your self and to live by natural laws that make you feel great.
We equip you with the science, philosophy and skills to access new levels of energy, confidence and presence.
You’ll learn to confidently and professionally share the tools you’ve mastered with your friends, family and students.
So set your sights on your version of transformation and join the Dru Yoga Teacher Training course.
Become a part of a global community who are literally transforming the world by giving people the tools to transform themselves!
The course program
This is a 200 hour training course run online over 14 months. You will attend 8 live online weekend programs and 7 small group tutorial days. Where possible, we will facilitate the tutorial days as regionally based face-to-face groups.
You will receive a home practice schedule and be asked to submit reflective assignments on your practice. You will also research and submit assignments on lesson planning, the spine and the chakra system. A practical assessment will complete your training and qualify you to become a Dru Yoga Teacher!
With over 40 years experience training people just like you to become Dru Yoga teachers you will experience the greatest support to reach your highest ambition and perhaps even beyond it!
- Empower your capacity to love
- Claim your Dharma (purpose) and let it shine
- Connect with nature in a more meaningful and healing way
- Teach one of the world's leading styles of yoga which is backed by its own academic research.
- Work alongside health professionals, self-development coaches and education departments in corporate and community settings.
- Open doors to extensive postgraduate training designed by experts to enable you to specialise and grow.
- Develop long-term friendships with our multi-disciplinary team of teachers who combine the best of Western science with the best of ancient wisdom.
- Delve into a world of philosophy, spirituality, self-empowerment and service that makes meaningful change in the world.
Join a group of vibrant souls to begin a journey of becoming exquisite change-makers for the planet!
- Classical Asana
- Activation and body preparations
- Dru Yoga sequences
- Home Practice schedule
- Anatomy and physiology
- Dru Meditation techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Yoga philosophy
- Subtle anatomy
- Teaching skills and practice
- Class planning
Student support services
- Mentoring services – 1 to 1, small groups, with senior tutors and local teachers (included) + advanced mentoring programs available with senior tutors
- Free access to our Online Studio from date of sign up through to completion of course, + discount membership post-course (access to classes, challenges, podcasts and info sessions including yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, health, philosophy, inspiration, goal setting and more)
- Level 1 Dru Yoga Teacher Training Course Manual
A Global Dru Community Network
- Private social media group for the course group
- Access to Australasian and International communities of Dru Yogis with local face-to-face and online events all year round
- Extensive CPD programs, spiritual development courses and supported career pathways
- World Peace Flame Foundation - our Humanitarian sister organisation focused on peace education, health and grass roots community programs
- Dru Professional Network - tips, support and connection for Dru Teachers
Course dates for 2021
Weekend - Live online program
17 & 18th July
11th & 12th Sept
23rd & 24th Oct
Regional Day - small group sessions