Many students come to yoga because they are in pain, either physical or emotional. Often students then choose to continue practicing yoga because of the benefits they experience to their mental health. It’s crucial that yoga teachers know how to support their students experiencing mental health challenges.
Mental Health Aware Yoga is a 50 hour professional development training program for Yoga Teachers and Teachers-In-Training. The training is a hybrid model that includes:
- 30 hours online lectures, reading and self-directed practicum
- 20 hours face-to-face training over 3 days
The six pillars of Mental Health Aware Yoga you will explore in this training area:
- Knowledge of western psychology
- Understanding yoga psychology
- Creating a safe container
- Cultivating therapeutic skills
- Evidence-based yogic practices
- What to do in a mental health crisis
Dr. Lauren Tober is a Clinical Psychologist, Life Coach and Senior Yoga Teacher, who is passionate about integrating the best of western psychology with ancient yogic wisdom, both on and off the mat for health, healing, happiness and awakening.
DATE: 15-17 May
INVESTMENT: $1,129 Earlybird (before 02 April), $1,295 Full Price (from 03 April)
Read more and book via: http://www.mentalhealthawareyoga.com/brisbane/ (also in event ticket link above)
$300 deposit is non-refundable.
Cancellations before 3/4/20 will receive a refund minus $300.
No refund for cancellations from 3/4/20.