A hands-on workshop series designed to help couples prepare for the final stages of pregnancy and birth.
The focus is on teaching practical skills and techniques.
As you practise together you will feel more confident about approaching birth, more supported, and more confident in your ability to work as a team to bring your baby calmly and gently into the world.
You will practise:
- Specific breathing techniques to use during labour contractions, 'pushing stage' and delivery
- Calming and centering yogic breathing techniques
- Yoga to prepare your body for birth, increase your confidence and help eliminate self doubt and fear
- Active birthing movements to help your baby be born more easily, and reduce the time you spend in 1st stage labour by up to 50%
- Massage and preparation techniques to use in late pregnancy
- Massage for labour
- Acupressure for pregnancy related problems such as constipation, indigestion and nausea
- Acupressure for natural induction, pain relief and assisting progression in labour, helping your baby to move into the optimal position for birth, relieving breast feeding 'afterpains' and assisting milk let-down
- How to relax and visualise
You will also have the opportunity to learn about how food and nutrition can help positively prepare your body for birth, breastfeeding and a better recovery.
This workshop is held over two consecutive evenings to allow time for home practice and revision. The cost/couple covers both sessions.