Yoga for Cancer Care Weekend Workshop
Do you want to work with people undergoing cancer treatment or post treatment? Join Yoga Therapist and researcher Chandrika Gibson for this informative weekend on Yoga and Cancer Care. Suitable for those teaching general group classes, specialised cancer care classes or Yoga Therapists. This can be taken as a one off weekend, and also forms part of our Graduate Yoga Therapy Teacher Training.
The Yoga for Cancer Care weekend workshop includes the following:
• Understanding cancer pathology
• Treatments and side effects
• Talking to people with cancer
• Yoga as complementary therapy
• Yoga class planning – contraindications, cautions, dispelling the myths
• Current evidence from the research on yoga in cancer care programs
• Different needs of students in treatment, post-treatment, carers
• From survivor to thriver, how can yoga help?
• Yoga in palliative care
• Teaching with and without props
The workshop is on the 21st till the 23rd of June. Participants will gain knowledge and confidence in teaching yoga to people affected by cancer in a friendly, professional setting where questions can be asked and wisdom shared. This workshop is open to teachers of all traditions, those who have experience teaching yoga to cancer groups and those interested in understanding more about cancer and how to best serve their students whose lives have been touched by cancer.
For further information and to apply for this workshop/training please email firstname.lastname@example.org
15% off for Yoga Space trainees