Advanced Teacher Training Workshop with Katie Manitsas.
Drawing on the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras, learn how to effectively integrate spiritual teachings of yoga into your classes naturally, without being too ‘out-there’ or ‘over-sharing’ your personal story.
Learn philosophy of yoga in relation to daily life. Explore what it means to be a spiritual activist and the path of the yogi in the modern world.
We will look at:
* Key teachings in Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras, refreshing the themes of these great texts and comparing interpretations and translations to come to our own understanding.
* Bringing these key teachings into our own lives, language and yoga classes.
* Be inspired by contemporary yoga teachers who bring the scritures to life for a modern audience.
* You will leave this training with a new sense of sanctity, reverence, bhakti and peace. As Radhanath Swami says; ‘If we have the wisdom and intelligence that is coming from hearing the great scriptures like Bhagavad Gita, if we are properly nourished with philosophy and if we are chanting the holy names properly and not committing offense to others, we get spiritual strength and intelligence, and then when the storms come we will be prepared.’
* Exploring and finding motivation on the path of the spiritual activist. Using the work of Ingrid Newkirk and Julia Butterfly Hill you will feel inspired that your work as a yoga teacher can make a profound difference to the planet and all who live on her.