About Lynda: Lynda has been working in natural health for twenty years, and she has been teaching yoga for six. She was one of the first students to graduate from Samadhi Yoga's teacher-training program. Lynda came to yoga through her experience as a Chivutti massage therapist.
Her passion and specialisation is in pre-natal and post-natal yoga, and she sees her classes as a place where mums can find compassion and community through the occasionally isolating experiences of pregnancy. Her students have often found friendship and companionship through her classes; nothing makes Lynda happier.
Having years of experience as a massage therapist, reflexologist and aromatherapist, Lynda's attitude toward teaching is caring, compassionate, and wholistic.
A live & raw foodist, she feels that living foods connect us to the earth, and eating becomes good not only for our health, but also for the planet's. Her yoga practice and teaching involve a whole understanding of health, compassion, and care.
Partner Birth Preparation Workshop with Lynda Taylor.
Yoga for Birthing Couples is fun workshop, an opportunity to learn plenty of practical ideas so you and your partner can approach the intensity of labour with a solution focus mind set, in other words a set of tools to help you cope with birth and early parenthood.
The practices Lynda will teach have their foundations in both Yoga and 'Birthing From Within' and include:
• Yoga Posture, build strength & stamina in body and mind. Breath practices for pain coping mindset.
• Movement & Rebozo technique to help baby engage into an optimal fetal position (bring a sarong or large scarf).
• Acupuncture & Reflexology points to encourage natural induction of
• How you can use sound to release tension and anxiety.
• How partners can best support the laboring mum
• Inner focus work to induce and maintain a state of calm.
• Massage to ease aches & pains.
• Yoga Nidra (relaxation)
• Positive Affirmation, Visualizations.
Cost includes a copy of 'The Yoga of Birth' by Katie Manitsas and Lynda's Yoga Nidra CD.