Botannix Yoga Teacher Training Program takes place in our beautiful garden studio that looks out onto deities within a beautiful landscaped peace garden, where all that can be heard is the bamboo blowing in the wind...A hidden gem - Serenity in the city!
It is an internationally recognized yoga teacher training programwhich includes over 200 hours of yoga training, comprised of lectures, workshops, practices, video, audio recordings, readings and assignments with plenty of opportunity for students to learn sequencing, plan their own classes and gain hands-on teaching experience. Our program runs in a small group format (maximum of 14 students per group) ensuring each individual gets the attention and mentorship they require to feel confident in taking the next steps towards becoming an inspiring and effective yoga teacher or to deepen their own practice.
Co-created by senior teachers, Dr Jeff Miller and Katie Manitsas; Botannix Yoga Teacher Training offers an integrated approach to yoga.
Katie is one of the most respected and sought-after yoga teachers in Australia. She comes with a wealth of teaching knowledge, having run her own yoga studios and managed others. She has written 4 books and currently working on her 5th. She has written many teacher training programs for Sydney studios, taught many yoga teachers who are teaching in studios all over Sydney including Botannix.
Jeff, the founder of Botannix Yoga, is a highly experienced instructor and Doctor of Psychology with a specialization in interpersonal relationships, carries with him an in depth understanding of human nature. He combines this knowledge with the ancient techniques of yoga, creating a practice that is personal, heartfelt, uplifting and spiritually supportive.
Our 200 hour teacher training program incorporates hatha yoga practices (asana, pranayama, bandha) with jnana (scriptural studies), dhyana (meditation), bhakti (devotion, nada (sacred sound), asana sequencing, whilst emphasizing physical health, psychological well-being and spiritual growth as the main goals of yogic practices. This program gives students a broad understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of yoga.
This course will specifically focus on the following topics:
- Teaching Methodology: Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning
- Subtle Anatomy: Understanding the metaphysical and energetic framework of how yoga works – 8 limbs of yoga, koshas and nadis.
- Yoga Philosophy: Exploration of important yoga texts including The Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita and The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Sanskrit: Using the ancient language of yoga
- Practicum:Practice teaching, sequencing, planning a class, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, assisting other teachers and hearing/giving feedback
- Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: Exploration of what constitutes a yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers
- Business skills: Practical tools for the business of yoga
- Pregnancy yoga and women’s teachings: Understanding the safety elements for teaching pregnancy
- Ayurveda, yoga’s ‘sister science’: Learning about the Doshas
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Lanuage for teaching, how to deal with students, levels of practice, illnesses, injuries etc.
Botannix Yoga Teacher Training runs from early July to October and includes:
- 15 full day training sessions
- 6-week Meditation Course (Weds night weekly 7:45-9pm - July 24 – Aug 28th)
- 3-day retreat in the beautiful Blue Mountains - Vanam Retreat
- Comprehensive workbook and teaching resources (some books must be purchased in addition to course fee)
- Written assignments
- Yoga class participation at Botannix / FREE classes will be given
- A maximum of 14 participants are accepted into each training course
- Training days run on Sunday / Monday / Tuesday 9.30am – 4.30pm each day
August 4/5/6 | 25/26/27
September 8/9/10 | 29/30/1
October 20/21/22 - Vanam Retreat
November 3 - Graduation (Kirtan Mantra Night)
This program is designed for people who are interested in either teaching yoga or deepening their own practice. An established yoga practice is expected with a minimum of two continuous years.