Are you a school teacher, yoga instructor, youth worker or parent with a love for yoga? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of the next generation? Do you feel called to share the yoga way of life with teenagers? Then join senior teacher Chloe Thorogood and learn effective and practical ways to introduce yoga, mindfulness, and self-care to teens during this pivotal time in their lives.
Chloe’s 3.5 day course will empower you to create yoga classes for teens that enhance connectedness, self-awareness, and lifelong commitment to physical, emotional and spiritual health.
This 3.5 day "Yoga for Teens Training" has been created for teachers, yoga teachers and those working with young people. Participants will gain a toolbox of resources to create yoga and mindfulness classes for adolescents that aim to enhance their connectedness and sense of self, and aim at instilling in them a lifelong commitment to their health.
- Teaching yoga postures safely and effectively to teens
- Introduction to philosophy, pranayama and mindfulness techniques for teens
- Anatomy, psychology and philosophy for teens
- Exploration of gender differences & levels of instruction
- Understanding and management of the learning environment to maximise participation
- Sequencing, classroom management techniques, rules and regulations
- Establishing and implementing self care in accordance with the department of education
- Practical sessions to fill your toolbox with self esteem exercises and techniques to promote positive mental health.
- Gain an understanding of the teen mind and anatomical / physiological development.
5:00am - Sunrise Yoga (optional)
6:30am - Session 1: Yoga class with Chloe (taught as a teen class, incl asana, meditation, pranayama and techniques for positive self-image)
8:30am - Breakfast
9:30am - Session 2: Practical workshop with Chloe (asanas incl. considerations for teens and working without props)
11:00am - Break
11:30am - Session 3: Session planning and structure for teen yoga classes (incl. matching the energy level of the group)
12:30pm - Lunch
1:30pm - Session 4: Reflection and relaxation (starter ideas etc.)
3:30pm: Session 5: Practical workshop with Chloe (starter activities, teen anatomy and physiology, gender considerations)
6:00pm - Dinner
7:00pm - Session 6: Pranayama for teens