Since 1999, Centered Yoga’s well-established Education in Yoga 200-hour program has been offered yearly with graduates worldwide. It is where the depth of practice and tradition meets modern understanding and scientific knowledge, plus a good dose of fun, music, chanting, caring & sharing, saving the planet, looking within, and how to enjoy a life while thinking of others, open the heart, sharpen the mind, and free the spirit.
Centered Yoga’s Education in Yoga Foundation Level 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course delivers almost 300 hours of training that encompasses methods and teaching from classical Raja and Hatha Yoga, across modern vinyasa and asana, to traditional pranayama and meditation, with modern science and research to guide the way forward:
- Dynamic Core Vinyasa Asana practice and teaching – various vinyasa class sequences that include the regular linear ashtanga sequence and more creative expressive vinyasa forms.
- Restorative Asana practice and teaching – various forms of gentle, yin, flow and restorative classes from both classical old style hatha yoga as well as modern restorative forms.
- How to Breathe and Breath Regulation – clear techniques and practices in regulating and training the breath, to be used in all practices as well as benefit daily life. Know and understand it well so it can be shared and taught to others.
- Cleansing Kriyas – traditional hatha yoga methods to take care of and rejuvenate internal organs, open the body, and improve the breath.
- Classical Pranayama practice – being one of the world’s leading authorities and knowledge bases in pranayama you will be taught in detail and, most importantly, correctly, in pranayama methods to further engage you in practice and the world of yoga and meditation.
- Meditation Practice and Techniques – daily practice and growth internally incorporating a few approaches across yogic and Buddhist traditions.
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology – the classic texts and teachings on yoga presented in terms of our lives today, with most attention on Patanjali Yoga Sutra, and reference to the Gita, Sankhya Karika, and Hatha Pradipika
- Anatomy and Physiology – up to date science and research on the body and its systems and movement forms within the yoga practice.
- Chanting and Mantra – be introduced to this ancient practice of mantra and Pranava (Om) recitation along with the enhanced learning of key Sanskrit terms and names through chanting.
- How to Teach – clear guidelines and instructions on how to teach to different levels of students a few different approaches to asana class as well as breathwork.
- Yoga in Daily Life – Instruction for the practical application of these tools in going about teaching in the modern world and keeping it in life.
- Full Residential Experience – eat, live and breathe in one of the world’s most dedicated yoga practice settings, designed for the yoga approach and to aid your own practice and growth.
- Strength and Fitness – functional fitness core strength work coupled with indoor cycling cardio workouts on the world’s best Schwinn bikes serve to complement and augment your training as part of our YogaCoreCycle programming.
The full schedule will be presented to you at the Meet and Greet on your first day of training. The outline of the schedule is that there are classes throughout the day, starting at 7am and ending at 6.30pm with breaks in-between.
On some evenings there will be meditation classes and study films. Saturdays are generally rest days or time for study. There is an optional
boat trip and scheduled trips to local markets for those interested in seeing more of Samui.
We look forward to welcoming you to go deeper into practice at our beach front center designed specifically for yoga and wellness.