Are you ready to slow down, relax and rejuvenate in a fun, healing, harmonizing, and loving way?
Would you like to release suppressed and stuck energy through sound and intention and reclaim your inner power?
Imagine your classroom alongside the sea of lush green rice fields. Wake up with the sun in a quiet village away from the center of Ubud. Start each day in a conscious, focused and mindful way with daily Sadhana (spiritual practice), including meditation, mantras, asana, pranayama, ceremony, and song.
Our retreat is about cultivating mindfulness, through subtle practices and the ability to listen. We are called Human BEings yet it sometimes feels the name would be better reworded as human DOing.
Learn how to simply BE without having to DO anything. Still the mind as you watch your thoughts, listen to the sounds, and become a witness to life happening.
The Retreat Offers
- This retreat helps to ignite an interwoven tapestry of awareness adopted from various yogic and shamanic practices that contribute to the rising of our vibrations.
- Release stuck emotions in the body through voice; give yourself permission to speak or sound and be heard.
- Sadhana practices include chanting, singing, toning, meditation, pranayama, asana, Emotional Freedom Technique, Yoga Nidra, Sound healing to improve and merge into the world of opposites as we rest back into the spaciousness of silence.
What you will receive
- This is a retreat of renewal and rejuvenation through the ancient sadhana practices of sound and silence. Awaken your awareness of the healing power of sound.
- Deep awareness through mindfulness practices
- A freedom of voice and emotions
- Fine tune your subtle energy listening
- Concentration, focus and fun
Who is this retreat for?
- Anyone who has the interest to expand awareness
- Has an interest in using your voice for personal transformation
- If you are ready to find inner peace of mind through meditation
- Would like to cultivate discipline, focus and mindfulness
- Are you ready to make inner changes?
Sequoia Henning and Mao Uemura
Teaching together for over a decade. This retreat will also be translated into Japanese.
Sequoia's life journey has been an ongoing evolution of her spiritual development through the study and ongoing practice of yoga, healing and sound. She has been leading sound healing workshops and sound healing journeys internationally for over 15 years. Her passion for breath and sound are interwoven into the practical tools for expanding consciousness. Having healed herself using the tools of breath, sound and positive thoughts and affirmation, her passion shines through in her sharing.
Mao is Director of Auspicious Yoga and Ayurveda school in Japan and is known as the creator of Bhakti Flow Yoga. Her 20-year classical ballet background helps her bring graceful Movement to Asana. She has taught over 20 teacher training courses around the world and shares Yoga, Ayurveda and Bhakti in yoga studios across Japan and retreat centers internationally. She is also a qualified therapist and recently continued to deepen her studies of the subtle body, Kirtan, and guided meditation.
Passport And Visas
You will need a valid passport to travel to Indonesia.
One-month visa upon arrival is given to most countries. If you are not sure please consult with your closest Indonesian consulate office. If you wish to extend your stay, plan ahead by purchasing an extra month visa at the airport before you collect your bags. If you do not purchase it at that time you have to leave the country to renew your visa. You can purchase a one-month visa upon arrival for an extra $30 USD (depends on what country you are from).
Money and Finances
The currency in Bali is the Indonesian Rupiah. $10 USD = 120850 IDR. The Indonesia Rupiah can be confusing because there are a lot of 00’s!
Our venue is surrounded by nature and hence there is no ATM. It’s recommended that you take out /change money before leaving the airport.
Foreign currency can be changed at major banks and authorized money changers, which are all over Ubud. It is good to carry small notes with you for taxis and tipping. Credit cards are widely accepted in major tourist areas.
Suggested What-to-Bring List
- Meditation shawl and a light sweater or wrap
- Light rain jacket and cover up or fleece
- Sturdy shoes for walking/exploring, and flip flops
- Lighter moveable yoga pants, crops (loose fitting cotton is better than spandex in this weather)
- Skirts and shorts
- Several tank tops t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts
- Bathing suit and sarong
- Pajamas and under garments and a few pairs of socks
- One set of clothes for touring, such as capri pants or a long skirt.
- Smaller day pack (can be carry-on luggage in the plane)
- Yoga mat (they fold well or fit rolled in a large backpack – the retreat center does have some mats)
- Small flashlight, combination padlock, and alarm clock
- Travel money belt in cotton (available at luggage stores)
- Travel bath towel (not too thick, i.e. quick-drying)
- Journal and several pens
- Camera and charger
- Audio Recorder
Superior Room, Single: $1,500 USD
Superior Room, Shared Double: $1,100 USD
Deluxe Room, Single: $1,800 USD
Deluxe Room, Shared Double: $1,400 USD
$100 off when register and pay deposit before September 30, 2018.
Deluxe rooms are larger and include a full-sized bath tub, in addition to a shower. All rooms are non-smoking and feature:
- En Suite bathroom with hot and cold water
- Mini fridge stocked with variety of drinks
- Complimentary mineral water, replenished daily
- TV Cable with international channel & DVD players with selection of movies
- Individual controlled air conditioning
- Tea & Coffee Maker
- Choice of Breakfast
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Air Conditioner with independent control
- 220 Volt electricity outlets
- Hair-dryers and irons available (upon request)
All four packages include:
- Knowledge of how to use Sound/Silence for your well-being
- How to use sound to transform stuck emotions
- The power of our words and how they shape and create our life
- Various tools to use sound for concentration and meditation, including mantras and sound journeys
- Learn how to sing your heart song
- Stronger, freer singing/speaking voice
- Greater self-expression and improved communication
- Infuse extra pranic energy into your physical and subtle bodies
- Breathing (pranayama and rebirthing)
- Traditional Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Deepen your ability to tune into subtle energies
- Expand your awareness to listening through presence
- Complimentary Massage
- Balinese Water Ceremony
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- 7 Nights’ Accommodation
- Airport Transfer
- One complimentary transportation to Ubud
Schedule / Itinerary
7:00-10:00 Morning sadhana: meditation, mantras, breathing and asana
11:00 Practical exercises or excursion every second day
1:00 Rest and relax. One day will be an excursion to shop in Ubud
4:00 Afternoon practices every second day
6:30 Dinner: various vegetarian, local and international food
8:00 Three nights of the retreat events include Yoga Nidra, mantra and meditation.
The above schedule is simply a guide and may change depending on what the retreat participants need on a given day.
The retreat begins on March 4th, 2019 at 16:00. Check-in is any time after 13:00 on the same day.
The last session is held on the morning session of March 11th, 2019. Check-out is by 12:00pm.