Yoga Nidra is such effective technique, not only for physical or mental relaxation but also for preparing the mind for the higher yogic discipline. Yoga Nidra aims to focus the mind to achieve relaxation and increase wellness. Research also indicates that Yoga Nidra can be used as a therapeutic technique to cure psychological disorders like anxiety, depression, insomnia, and psychosomatic diseases.
Research shows that the brain experiences the same activity during a 30 minute Yoga Nidra practice as about 4 hours of sleep.
If we regularly remove our stress by Yoga Nidra, we will not only sleep better, but also our sleep will be much more restorative. Through this form of relaxation we prepare our system to be in a state of perfect receptivity.
People who practice Yoga Nidra & Meditation report:
- Greater ability to relax and enjoy life
- Reduced anxiety, depression and fear
- Improved interpersonal relations
- Reduced chronic pain and insomnia
- Increased well-being, inner contentment
What you will learn
- Yoga Nidra
- The foundations of the practice of Yoga Nidra
- The benefits of Yoga Nidra
- How to practice Yoga Nidra
- How to teach Yoga Nidra
- Steps to Dhyana
- Antar Mouna
- Meditation for dying
Yoga Nidra & Meditation greatly enhances the relaxation response and quietens the nervous system. The value of being able to master the relaxation response is a practice that should not be overlooked.
Swami Muktibhodhananda will bring to light the ancient models of Yoga Nidra and Yogic Meditation with her modern humour, incredible wisdom, intelligence and mastery on these topics.
This course will be a valuable insight into the path of self-realisation and self-mastery.
You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced teachers:
Course Details 2016
4 days: 8am – 4:30pm Friday 7th October – Monday 10th October 2016 at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat
Please follow these 3 steps to enrol in the 4-day Yoga Nidra and Yogic Meditation course:
- Read our policies. YIMI policies are also provided when enrolling.
- Choose upfront payment or a payment plan:
- Upfront with with $50 off until 30th September. Early Bird $850 (usually $900)Pay Now
- Payment Plan $250 deposit and $250 per month for 3 months (total $1000) Pay Now
- Enrol in the course
If you are enrolling in the Advanced Diploma in Yoga & Meditation teacher training or the 200 hour Meditation Teacher Training, please enrol in this course to secure your place. You must also enrol in your other elected modules to complete your enrollment.
Please bring the following props with you.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 bolster
- 1 or 2 blankets
- 1 eye pillow
(Limited props are available for hire. Please contact us if you are not able to bring your own props.)
- Sure Ways to Self-Realization by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
Upgrading your qualifications
Upon completion of this yoga nidra course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
4 days: 8am – 4:30pm Friday 7th October – Monday 10th October 2016