In this 20 hour intensive weekend training, you will emerge with the foundational knowledge to teach pregnant women yoga safely and appropriately.
The following subjects will be covered:
- The three trimesters - psycho-physiological changes to mum and baby
- Birth: stages of labour; preparing a woman for a 'yogic', empowered birth
- "The Golden Rules": safety guidelines for prenatal students
- Sequencing for prenatal yoga: the five prenatal posture groups Prenatal yoga therapy/ applied
- Anatomy & Physiology: back problems and pelvic instabilty during pregnancy; other common prenatal complaints Pelvic floor and squatting
- Working with props to modify for various stages of pregnancy
- Prenatal Restorative Yoga
- Prenatal partner yoga
- Pranayama for pregnancy and birth
The course fee includes a comprehensive course manual.