Retreat to the iconic, beautiful and truly unique Australia’s World Heritage Great Barrier Reef and explore its marine wilderness staying 5 nights / 6 days at Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort 40 minutes north east of Harvey Bay, Queensland.
This is an exclusive opportunity to deepen your practice with Swami Jasraj Puri, a long standing Australian luminary of the Yoga in Daily Life tradition, in a place of solitude and remarkable beauty. It is a special retreat for all who wish to explore yoga at greater depth.
Originally from Sydney, Mahamandaleshwar Swami Jasraj Puri has been living in India since 1996. He now manages the Yoga in Daily Life ashram in Rajasthan, which includes a school of 1500 pupils, a hospital, an animal shelter and a research centre. In 2010, he became the first western Mahamandaleshwar, one of the highest spiritual titles in India. A qualified Physiotherapist, he has devoted his life to social service and the study of the practical and philosophical aspects of Yoga. A highly respected and inspiring yogi whose immersion in the yogic life in India has contributed to his deep insight and experiences. With his western background we have the unique opportunity to learn from someone who can offer us these valuable ancient teachings in a modern and relevant context and a clear, down to earth manner.
Lady Elliot Island is located within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the highest possible classification of Marine National Park Zone by GBRMPA. Here you can step off the beach and snorkel, swim or dive in an underwater world of brilliantly coloured species of marine life, or just simply relax and soak in the natural island atmosphere. With fantastic water clarity, a sparkling lagoon on the eastern side and postcard reefs right off the beach on the southern side if you’re a nature lover it would be hard to beat this island anywhere in the world for diversity and accessibility. You may encounter turtles, dolphins and a large variety of coral, fish and giant manta rays. We will be there in the right season to see migrating humpback whales blow and breech. There is always an awesome display of nature to behold.
What’s included …
· Time and space away from the usual distractions and business of day to day life
· Time and space to stop and listen to your inner voice
· Inspiring talks that explore and develop your knowledge of yoga
· Guided sunrise / sunset meditation sessions
· Invigorating and rejuvenating daily yoga (asana & pranayam) suited for all levels of experience (1 or 2 each day)
· Waking to the sound of the ocean on the untouched beach
· Swimming or snorkeling in the turquoise waters (a lesson & use of snorkel equipment included.) (Diving is extra)
· Strolling sandy beaches and reef walks
· A glass bottom boat ride / guided snorkel tour (1pp)
· Filling yourself with positive energy through Yoga Nidra (guided deep relaxation)
· Vegetarian (or vegan) breakfast and dinner at the beachfront dining room
· Watching turtle, marine and bird life in their natural habitat (guided walks included).
· Lazing in the sun by the pool or beach
· Time by your self and time with others
· Sleeping 5 nights peacefully in a budget Eco Hut, or upgrade to a Garden or Reef Unit, the choice is yours (prices vary). Linen, towels, soap and shampoo is provided.
· The scenic flight to & from the mainland ex Harvey Bay or Bundaberg
· Environmental Management Charge (Government Fee) and GST is included in the cost
INTERESTED? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information & a registration form