(02) ... Click to show(02) 9997 2121
Parenting as a Hero’s Journey –
• This is a 3-part course to sustain parents’ wellbeing, and turn parenting into a personal growth and healing journey…for the parent!
- This builds parental effectiveness more powerfully than any parenting tips or techniques. • As parents, how we are on the inside (our feelings and thoughts) has more impact on our children than anything we might say to them.
• Our children do as we do (rather than as we say), and they resonate mostly with our internal, emotional state. That is why maintaining parents’ inner wellness is primary.
• Parenting is not only about raising happy and healthy children. Parenting can also be a journey of profound transformation and growth for the parent. We can use the challenges that come up along the way as opportunities for healing, empowerment and growth – if we know how.
Each evening session will revolve around a different theme:
SESSION ONE: Being the Eye of the Hurricane
Friday May 13th
7.00 - 9.00 pm
• Develop the skill of “grounded empathy” – how to feel for your child’s feelings without succumbing to them.
• How to find your centre, and remain calm and strong – when your children are in a storm of emotion.
In this session you will learn some simple and easy bioenergetics exercises to restore your inner calm, safely release any pent-up emotional stress, and insulate you from your children’s most stormy emotions. The empathy signal is strongest when we can be centred and grounded.
SESSION TWO: Calming the Storm
Friday May 20th
7.00 - 9 pm
Learn practical skills for:
• Helping your child’s BIG emotions to settle
• Helping your child heal from emotional wounds
• How to help your child in a tantrum
SESSION THREE: The Parent’s Inner Child – a Journey
Friday May 27th
7.00 - 9 pm
You may not know it, but your own life as a child is one of the strongest influences on how you parent today.
Do you remember what it felt like to be a child? Are there some memories you'd rather forget? Some memories that bring you joy? The emotional paths you trod as a child hold a treasury of wisdom. Just to touch lightly upon the emotions of childhood can help you immensely to:
• Understand your own child better, from the inside
• Free you from repeating old inherited behaviour patterns
• Intuit what your baby and child is asking for and know how to meet his/her emotional needs
• Help your child to trust you and listen to you
• Help your child to feel heard, seen and secure
• Heal old emotional wounds and bring more joy to parenting
• Deepen your sense of connection to others and to your community
In this workshop you will be shown ways to safely tap into the wisdom of your 'inner child', and gain much trust in your inner knowing about how to respond to your child. This process can be very freeing, empowering, healing for you and richly enhancing of your relationship with your child.
About Robin Grille
Robin is a psychologist and parent-educator and has been working with families for over 25 years. He has written two internationally-acclaimed parenting books (Parenting for a Peaceful World and Heart-to-Heart Parenting). Robin is a sought-after keynote speaker at conferences throughout Australia and around the world. His workshops for parents, teachers and health professionals have been presented around regional Australia and throughout New Zealand, Canada, USA, England and Scotland.