This Children’s Yoga Therapy Course will:
- Educate you about 8 common conditions affecting children- including Asthma, ADHD, Autism
- Teach you specific yoga therapy movements & breathing techniques
- Help you to keep children engaged & having fun in your sessions
- Guide you through effective teaching strategies
- Give you lesson plans in an easy to use manual + practical teaching time
- Give you confidence to include children with special needs into your mainstream class
The course is open to Level 1 Yoga Teachers, Allied Health Professionals, classroom teachers & parents.
CPD points for Yoga Australia = 12 hours certificate of participation OR 16 hours certification (requires 4 hours of assessment after the course) . Yoga Australia requires 50 hours of specific training to register as a “Children’s Yoga Teacher”.
Stacey Nelson is a registered Senior Level 3 Teacher & Children’s Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia, with 10 years experience teaching Kids Yoga from ages two through to teens. Through her work as a Yoga Therapist in the children’s wards in hospitals since 2007, she has helped thousands of children to benefit from the teachings of yoga. Over the past 20 years, Stacey has worked with children in various settings including: the school classroom; childcare; sporting teams and Children’s TV, and has recently co-produced a series of Kids Yoga videos which is screening globally. Beyond her qualifications, it is her genuine passion for teaching children that shines the brightest. For more info about Stacey visit www.yogapalette.com.au
Saturday 11 June | 10am-6pm
Sunday 12 June | 10am-3.30pm