40 contact hours
10 hours home reading, assignments, study
This training is open to everybody. No pre-requisites required, you don’t need to be a yoga teacher or an experienced yogi. However, a sincere and willing interest to learn is welcomed. Course Content Covered :
- Theory and Practice of Yin Yoga
- Yin and Yang differences
- How Yin Yoga was developed
- Basic Yin Yoga asanas
- How to use props in Yin Yoga
- How to develop a home practice
- Learn basic anatomy in fun and practical ways
- Discover the differences between muscular tension and skeletal compression
- Learn about the relationship between fascia tissue and meridians
- Understand the differences between function and aesthetics of poses Mindfulness and meditation
- Learn and experience meditative mindfulness approaches to Yin Yoga
- Learn practical ways to incorporate Yin Yoga to manage stress and anxiety
- Learn fundamentals of Chinese Medicine and how it relates to Yin Yoga
- Explore the relationship between meridians/organs and emotions
- Discover how the Chinese Medicine meridian approach to Yin can help bring healing and balance on physical, mental, and emotional levels.
One lecture will be delivered from an experienced Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncturist Maz Roginski
Teaching Yin Yoga
- Learn safe modifications and variations for students.
- Learn the art of sequencing.
Once registered for the course please purchase the required reading and study materials: Required books: Bernie Clark "The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga." Either hard copy or Kindle. Sarah Powers "Insight Yoga." Available only on hard copy not on Kindle Required to watch before the Yin TT: download online