Foundation Course in Mindfulness-Based Stillness Meditation...Free Your Mind!
Meditation is the mental practice of single-pointed focus on a chosen object of attention. The intention is to release your habitual thinking and reactive mind and to slip into the stream of present moment awareness and observation of your internal landscape. Not to stop thoughts but to experience the “Stillness” between them.
This shift leads directly to the experience of deep relaxation, peace, acceptance, creativity and true stillness. This Foundation Course will give you ample opportunity to do just that.
What will I learn?
Areas we will cover in this 8 week introductory course include:
- Styles and reasons to meditate
- Preparation: environment, posture, attitude and breathing
- Establishing your own practise using a simple but profound technique
- Integrating Meditation practise into your daily life
- Overcoming internal and external; resistance, obstacles and distractions
- Taking responsibility and consolidating your practise