Weekend (5pm Friday to 3pm Sunday - view arrival time options)
“A good deed is never lost. It purifies the heart. Work for the welfare of the whole world. Do all the good you can in all the ways you can, to all the people you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the strength, love and heart and interest you can, as long as ever you can.”
—Swami Sivananda Saraswati
Experience a core of the yogic spiritual path on this introductory weekend to the yogic ashram lifestyle. Both mornings of the weekend will be engaged in the upkeep or expansion of the ashram and surrounding properties. This may include working in the kitchen, housekeeping, garden, grounds, maintenance, the farm, office, renovation, in a creative project, or whatever is required. The afternoons are free to join ashram programs and yoga classes, enjoy the serene ashram atmosphere, or explore the walks of the natural bush surroundings. The bookshop will also be open.
• Take practical steps towards the understanding of a spiritual or yogic lifestyle
• Work alongside experienced yoga teachers and sannyasin
• Learn some of how an ashram functions
• Gain new skills, have new experiences
• Ask questions
• Accommodation and all meals included
• Daily early morning yoga class
• Daily Satyananda Yoga Nidra® class
• Immerse in a meditative ashram experience
The weekend is run most months of the year.
Requirements and Suitability:
• First time or relative newcomers to yogic philosophies
• Applicants must have sufficient physical fitness to work on the feet for both mornings
• No other experience necessary.
• Wear practical clothes! Boots, gloves and other protective clothing can be provided, but best to bring your own if possible.
Please note: Children are encouraged but will not be catered for. They are the carer’s responsibility at all times, and carers are also expected to contribute to the needs of the day.