Weekend (5pm Friday to 3pm Sunday)
with Swami Devamaya
Would you like to connect with the oasis of tranquility within you, nourish your nervous system, and create a stillness that can help reveal your profound and beautiful mind?
This course will start you on a path to achieve that goal.
No matter how busy and strenuous everyday life is, 20 minutes of meditation will help calm the cells of the body and the patterns of the mind making life easier, healthier and more creative.
This is the first part of a 3 level meditation course. You can attend each level more than once over a single or a number of years, or proceed directly through each level to the next. It all depends on what is right for you, and how your meditation practice is progressing. The time in between the weekends gives ample opportunity to practice the exercises, and to bring back experiences, feedback and questions for the next weekend.
Meditation Level 1 will help you by showing how to:
• Sit in comfort
• Relax the body and mind
• Support the nervous system
• Bring the mind to a place of tranquility
• Cultivate that wise, calmer and more creative you
What you will experience during the retreat:
• Daily early morning yoga class - a blend of asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha practices
• Daily meditation practice & theory sessions
• Daily Satyananda Yoga Nidra® class
• Evening program, including kirtan (melodic chanting meditation)
• Immersion in a meditative ashram experience
• Tranquil forest all around with a river to swim in
• Accommodation and all vegetarian meals provided
• Chai and cake on Sunday
• A team of supportive teachers with many years of experience
• Take-home practices
Meditation Level 1 is suitable for everyone
• There are no prerequisites for entering Level 1.
• Level 1 can be Professional Development (CPD) for yoga teachers and allied health professionals.
About the teacher:
Swami Devamaya has been teaching and practicing yoga and meditation for over 30 years. From 2001 she has been teaching, mentoring and coordinating with the Satyananda Diploma of Yogic Studies. From 1990 she has been teaching up to ten yoga classes a week. She continues to conduct workshops in NZ and Australia on the art and science of yoga and meditation.