Releasing Samskaras - It gets Worse before it gets Better
with Swami Anandakumar (5pm Sunday to 3pm Sunday - view arrival time options)
Do you experience confusion? Meaninglessness? Is there mess or chaos in your life?
If you are able to internalize, awaken, and develop your inner awareness, everything in life becomes clearer and more meaningful. This is what happens in meditation.
Over The Power of Awareness retreat you will develop a deep understanding of awareness. You will gain this understanding using techniques that prepare the right inner environment so the "experience" of meditation can unfold naturally. The experience can lead to wisdom and a spontaneous and refreshing perspective on one's outer life. This is the real power and purpose of meditation.
You will be nurtured towards a personal experience of this awareness. Practices are supported by theory and discussion sessions, yoga classes and participation in ashram lifestyle. This is an extended opportunity to focus on the most important aspects of your life.
In this course you will:
• Come to understand that the purpose of meditation is not to build an experience based on impressions from memory, history, beliefs and so on, but to develop a working relationship with the mind in order to recognize, accept and find release from the influence of those impressions
• Be exposed to classical meditation techniques, such as Antar mouna, Ajapa Japa, Hridayakasha Darshan and SWAN self-analysis
• Learn how not to fight with the mind, nor fear it, but just let it unfold
• Be inspired by the teaching deep experience, warmth and guidance
• Follow a well tested progression of practices, allowing you to advance at your own pace
• Be guided to develop a different relationship with yourself based on observation, acceptance, insight and friendship
• Experience the profundity of silence
This course is suitable:
• for all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time. Students often attend the course multiple times
About the teacher:
Swami Anandakumar is an internationally respected teacher who specializes in meditation. He has studied a wide variety of yogic disciplines for over 30 years, training and teaching in the Satyananda Ashrams in Australia and India, as well as conducting courses on meditation internationally. One of his main teaching duties over the last 10 years has been the four month course held annually in Bihar School of Yoga in India.
For more information please visit
All inclusive (meals, accommodation, classes)