Friday, 17th June 2011
Learn how Yoga can be used as a therapeutic tool to assist with hypertension and heart disease with Dr. Shirley Telles, leading Yoga therapist, medical doctor, neurophysiologist, and world famous Yoga researcher, in this half-day workshop on Yoga Therapy for Hypertension and Heart Disease.
Benefits of Attending
o Learn about hypertension and heart disease, including their causes, risk factors, symptoms, when a
check-up is necessary and which lifestyle factors are important
o Learn Yoga practices that are specific for hypertension
o Learn Yoga practices that are specific for heart disease, especially coronary artery disease
o Learn which techniques to avoid
o Learn techniques which have been scientifically proven to lower blood pressure and reduce the load on
o Learn about lifestyle related factors including diet and stress management
o Yoga teachers are eligible for CPD points!
This workshop is for
• People who have hypertension
• Those with coronary artery disease
• People with neurotic depression
• Those with psychotic depression, which is not in the ‘active phase’
• Anyone who sometimes feels excessively sad
• Yoga therapists seeking to expand their knowledge
• Yoga teachers who wish to assist their students
• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based,
Yoga practices in their work
• Yoga researchers seeking to learn about the latest research into Yoga and Anxiety and Depression
There is an (optional) practical component.
Please bring a mat if you have one. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
|Date:||Friday, 17th June 2011|
|Time:||12pm – 4.30pm|
|Venue:||Yoga in Daily Life Kensington|
|1st Floor, 117- 119 Anzac Parade
Near the corner with Todman Ave