Learn how Yoga can be used as a therapeutic tool to assist with anxiety and depression with Dr. Shirley Telles, leading Yoga therapist, medical doctor, neurophysiologist, and world famous Yoga researcher, in this half-day workshop on Yoga Therapy for Cancer.
At different stages in life it is natural to feel anxious or sad. Sometimes these emotions overwhelm us and we are not able to function as we would like. In the workshop you will learn how Yoga can help!
Benefits of Attending
o Learn more about anxiety – why it spirals out of control and become a disorder
o Learn more about depression
o Learn what Yoga techniques are suitable for anxiety and which for depression
o Philosophical principles – what is the Yogic perspective on anxiety and depression
o Learn what the latest scientific research tells us about how Yoga can reduce state anxiety,
neuroticism and increase self-esteem
o Learn how these Yoga practices are enhanced by lifestyle changes, including diet, level of activity, and
changes to the way you think
o Yoga teachers are eligible for CPD points!
This workshop is for
• People who are over anxious
• Those with a diagnosed anxiety disorder
• People with neurotic depression
• Those with psychotic depression, which is not in the ‘active phase’
• Anyone who sometimes feels excessively sad
• Yoga therapists seeking to expand their knowledge
• Yoga teachers who wish to assist their students
• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based,
Yoga practices in their work
• Yoga researchers seeking to learn about the latest research into Yoga and Anxiety and Depression
There is an (optional) practical component.
Please bring a mat if you have one. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
|Date:||Thursday, 16th June 2011|
|Time:||12pm – 4.30pm|
|Venue:||Yoga in Daily Life Kensington|
|1st Floor, 117- 119 Anzac Parade
Near the corner with Todman Ave