Mentoring Groups are designed to provide a supportive environment for professional development for Yoga Therapists. These groups provide therapists with an opportunity to discuss client treatment programs and gain new insights so you can consider ways to assist your clients more effectively.
Benefits of Attending a Mentoring Group
Mentoring groups offer a range of professional, educational and therapeutic benefits.
Specifically mentoring offers -
• a supportive environment for ongoing development of your knowledge, training and skills as a Yoga therapist
• a forum to obtain feedback about your client’s treatment programs and obtain new or different perspectives from the group facilitator and your peers so you can consider a range of ways you can assist your clients more effectively
• an opportunity to foster relationships with your peers and cultivate a community of like minded professionals
• an environment to explore and enhance self-care strategies to avoid burn out and isolation
• is more cost effective than private mentoring sessions
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points with both Yoga Australia and Australian Association of Yoga Therapists
Mentoring Group Facilitator
These mentoring groups are facilitated by Zara Matthews. Zara is a trained group facilitator, Yoga therapist, psychotherapist, Yoga teacher trainer and Registered mental health nurse.
Zara holds a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
As part of these studies, Zara trained to be a group therapist. She has a particular interest in mentoring groups from both a professional and therapeutic standpoint. Zara has extensive experience as a psychotherapeutic group facilitator and mentor and she has experience mentoring Yoga teacher trainees. Read More about Zara Matthews.
Who Can Attend?
AAYT recognised Yoga therapists and qualified Yoga teachers who work with clients one to one in a therapeutic context.
Where are Mentoring Groups available?
Mentoring Group sessions are available in Bondi Junction and North Strathfield, in Sydney, NSW.
Each sessions run for 3 hours and there will be a maximum of 10 in each group.