Breath is such an important foundational aspect to our practice, and yet it is something that is often overlooked or underappreciated. In this Beginners Workshop – suitable for the beginner through to the seasoned practitioner who is looking to fine tune – we will delve into the different styles of yogic breathing.
When we’re working at a fundamental level, breathing techniques (Pranayama) help us expend the minimum amount of effort to maintain integrity of the pose.
In this afternoon workshop with Donald, we’ll explore:
• Ujjayi breathing
• Nadi Shodhana breathing
• Moola Bandha, basic functioning and activation
• Uddiyana Bandha, basic functioning and activation
• Trataka (steady concentrated gazing)
• The essential alignment of bones
• The fundamentals of Sun Salutations A and B (Surya Namaskara A and B)
• Arm balancing posture (Bakasana – crow)
• Seated floor postures
We will complete the workshop with a twenty minute flow to put theory into practice.
Within this workshop, develop a solid understanding of alignment with consistent awareness throughout your asana (poses) and watch your practice soar to another level!
$40 / $35 full members / free for Revolutionaries