This course is designed to enable Yoga Teachers to become competent in teaching the principles of Yoga (including asana, pranayama and meditation) during pregnancy, for preparation of labour and birth and post-natal recovery.
This Yoga Australia registered course is a
50-hour Pre and Post-natal teacher training course.
We will cover:
• Anatomy and Physiology of women as it relates to pre and post natal.
• Exploration of Yogic Physiology through the Chakras, Meridians and Koshas.
• Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle
• Yoga practices for pregnancy and post natal.
• Teaching Methodology and appropriate asana modifications.
• Integrative Practice and supervised Teaching
This course will not only focus on the practical and theoretical aspects in becoming a pre and post-natal yoga instructor, it will also explore the feminine wisdom in pregnancy, birth and motherhood through the ancient practices of Yoga.
This course, under the guidance of Kylie Hennessy, who has almost 2 decades of teaching experience and has been teaching prenatal yoga for almost 15 yrs to date. She is a childbirth educator, a calmbirth® Practitioner, a Doula and a mother of three, two of which were born at home. She is passionate about empowering mothers and yoga. She will help you to develop skills to create a nurturing environment and help you to build confidence in your instruction.
Kylie also successfully runs prenatal yoga classes from her busy studio and will guide you with some business tips too.
Fee: $795, $250 Deposit
Thursday 7pm-8:30 pm
All instruction, course handbook and certificate of accomplishment.